I was alone all day yesterday. In my huge 6 bedroom house, kinda creepy, kinda therapeutic. This is what I did.
1. I drug myself out of my bedroom and spent the whole day downstairs. Anybody that knows me knows I love to stay in, lay in bed and do whatever I need to do from right under my covers. But, I got out and adventured down to my living room. It's very nice there, 10/10 will visit again.
2. I slapped on my favorite podcast, My Favorite Murder, and listened for hours. Being alone actually scares me, so playing a podcast makes me feel less alone, because, ya know, voices. I love being alone, but I still need to feel like if an intruder were to break in, I wouldn't have to fight them off alone. I love this podcast so insanely much, so I listened while I did everything else.
3. I painted. No joke. I actually am the least artistic person I know, but I didn't want to do my homework, and my roommate had left canvas' and paint at the kitchen table for us. It took two and a half hours and a lot of almost giving up, but behold, my masterpiece.
4. I journaled, like a lot. I have a love-hate relationship with journaling. Sometimes I hate looking back at old entries, sometimes I look back and wish I wrote more during a certain period in my life. But I just wrote, didn't look, didn't even think much, just recorded the current me. Who knows, maybe I'll be famous one day and my grandchildren can sell them.
5. I spent time in the word. I listened to a sermon from The Porch and journaled about that. I read James and spent some time just praying and writing to God. Good things, bad things, things I'm hopeful for. It was refreshing.
6. I doodled. Again, who even am I right now? I actually got so bored that I just drew in my journal- something I never do.
7. I did some super boring stuff. I did laundry, cleaned my room and cleaned the bathroom sink. Of course, I can't have all fun and no play. It felt nice to get the chores done at a normal non-rushed pace. I had all day to do whatever I needed, and it was totally okay to take a two hour painting break in between loads of dishes.